Tim and I finished up construction of the shelves tonight. It only took about 3 hours to build them, but it took all week to put on coats of stain and polyurethane. Each coat took extra time to dry because of the cold weather, but it's finally done. I'm really happy with the way they came out. I owe a huge thanks to Tim for all his help. This is the first time I've ever tried to build something that looks really nice, and it wouldn't look nearly this good without him.
This is really just phase 1 of 3 for the project. Now I need to find an aquarium store and pick up some supplies to get the fish swimming again. The shelf directly above the tank lifts out so I can clean the tank. Phase 3 is to chop up a laptop and get it installed. I put Tim's laptop into the hole so you can get a rough idea, but it will look much better than that. All you will see is a matte with an LCD in the center. [Page 2 - Digital Photo Frame]
[Page 2 - Digital Photo Frame]