I bought my black 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS one year ago this week. In honor of that event, I decided to check out the 2010 model and see what they changed. It’s the third year of the Concours 14 and they made quite a few significant improvements.
- Traction control
- Coactive-braking technology which links front and rear brakes (can be turned off)
- Fuel economy assistance mode to improve mileage by about 25% when cruising on the highway.
- Blue color (they still offer black too)
- Redesigned side fairings to redirect exhaust and keep the rider cooler
- Heated handgrips
- Tank bag hooks
- Side mirrors were raised
- Larger, redesigned windscreen which is supposed to reduce turbulence around the helmet
A lot of these things would be nice to have, but if I had to pick two I’d pick the new side fairings and the fuel economy mode. I might stop by the dealer to see if the fairings are compatible with the 2009 bike.
But do I really have buyer’s remorse? Nope. You know what the 2010 model doesn’t come with? The 5000 miles of good memories I put on my bike in the last year.