This one is a classic from my childhood. Mom always made it in a pie pan, but I love it so much that I calculated the volume of a pie pan and expanded the recipe to fit perfectly in a 9×13 pan. So it no longer looks like a pie but I’ll still call it that. This isn’t quite how Mom used to make it, but I think she’ll approve of my modifications.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 diced onion
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cup Bisquick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4-5 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease or spray a 9/13 pan and preheat the oven to 450.
- Cook ground beef over medium heat along with the onion.
- Beat milk, Bisquick, eggs, salt and pepper until smooth
- Pour the Bisquick mixture into a pan along with the meat, onion, and bacon.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
- Serve with ketchup