The first is a great, quick weeknight recipe and it would be a good way to use up some of those ham leftovers after Easter. (via Food Network)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- One 8-ounce piece deli ham, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- One 17.5-ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- Preheat the broiler to high heat.
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ham and thyme and continue to cook until the ham is lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth and 3/4 cup water and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi, stir well, cover and cook until the gnocchi is slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Uncover and stir in the peas, cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil until golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve.