I was randomly flipping through food.com when I stumbled across this. It turned out to be delicious! The hardest part was finding canned plum tomatoes, but Tyla eventually spotted them on the store shelf.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed,crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
Cook sausage and crushed red pepper in oiled skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown. Add tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly (about four minutes.) Cook pasta according to instructions and drain. Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens (about two minutes.) Serve with with parsley and parmesan cheese.