Most of my Spanish was learned by reading delicious menus so I’m pretty sure that “pollo a la crema” means “chicken in cream”. I see it on the menus when I go there and think “I should make that at home”, but I’ve never followed through. I can’t say that anymore. Tyla’s verdict was that it was delicious, but the sauce wasn’t the same flavor as what you usually get in a restaurant. I think this will be a regular in our rotation.
The recipe comes from allrecipes.com but we modified it to include mushrooms and onions.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- In a separate skillet, cook mushrooms and onions
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently until juices run clear.
- Stir in the flour and ketchup, then whisk in the broth.
- When sauce begins to thicken, reduce heat and stir in the cream.
- Simmer covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.