We heard about this one from MandyE on Facebook and really enjoyed it! You can find the original recipe from Kraft or use our slightly modified version below.
Use at least a 2 quart slow cooker
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1-1/2lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Classic CATALINA Dressing
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- PLACE onions, carrots and celery in slow cooker; top with chicken.
- MIX sugar, dressing, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
- COOK on LOW 4 to 5 hours, increasing heat to HIGH for the last 30 min.
- STIR cornstarch into reserved pineapple liquid. Add to slow cooker with pineapple and peppers after it has started boiling on high heat in the previous step; stir. Cook, covered, 30 min. or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.
Can be made ahead the night before and placed in fridge