Tyla has been very good about letting me fill up the garage with tools. I didn’t need much in the condo and now I’m finally getting to the point where I can start and finish a job with the tools I already have. Some have been duds and some have been great choices. Here are my top recommendations:
- DeWalt DCK280C2 Li-Ion Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit – This set uses the new DeWalt battery technology so if you have older stuff you might want to consider something else. This was my first DeWalt cordless product so I went with the new stuff. These drills are incredible! The compact drill is light enough to use around the house but powerful enough for big jobs, and if you’ve never used an impact driver, you owe it to yourself to try one out. It’s like magic! The batteries on these things last forever. I couldn’t be happier.
- Sony ICFCDK50 Under Cabinet Kitchen CD Clock Radio – This might be a confusing entry, but I was looking for a good radio out in the garage. This one is perfect because I can mount it on the bottom of a shelf and not take up any space! It has an aux-in jack for an MP3 player and is plenty loud enough for when I’m working in the garage or out in the driveway.
- Toro 2-Cycle 25.4 cc Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer – I don’t have a very big yard, but I really didn’t want to go with an electric trimmer. This one wouldn’t be a good choice for someone doing really heavy work, but it’s good for this place. I was a bit skeptical of the attachments, but those have turned out to be a real bonus. The shaft disconnects and you can put on other heads. I have the edger and a simple blower (good for cleaning up grass but I have a more powerful one for lots of leaves.) You can get refurbished attachments for $30-40 which is way cheaper than buying individual items and maintaining even more gas engines!
- Craftsman Ratchet Set – I don’t know exactly which set I have, but Mom and Dad got one for me as a birthday gift a few years back. It’s incredibly handy, comes with a nice case, and has never left me wanting for any type of socket!
- Big Jake Premium Leather Gloves – I have huge hands. None of the gloves at Home Depot fit me. Logan showed me these and even gave me a couple pair of them. These things will last forever! I keep one pair in the car and the other on my workbench.
What’s your favorite tool? I’m always looking for something new!